Zinc can be used topically and orally to treat skin diseases. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, Zinc supplements sell best for skin enhancement.
If your skin scars often, get red marks, wrinkles, blemishes or becomes uneven toned, zinc supplements are a must for you. It is such a miraculous mineral, you only need a little amount of zinc to get a glowing skin.
When we talking about skincare, most people imagine facial skin’s care. When I speak of skincare by zinc supplements today, I even mean scalp skin and every inch of your skin! Yes, Zinc is highly effective. It supports your skin in and out.
You must have seen how acne creams have zinc and even oral medicines for skin diseases have zinc in them. It proves how zinc is extremely safe to consume.
Who can use Zinc Supplements?
Everyone can consume zinc supplements unless they’re allergic to it. However, the dosage for everyone is different. The recommended daily amount for women is 8 milligrams (mg) and 11 milligrams (mg) for men.
Children above the age of 1 year can take zinc easily. However, if the child has a delicate health condition, you may consult a child specialist before doing so. In any case, the zinc dosage should not exceed 40 mg.
How does Zinc work so well on your skin?
Zinc is an essential mineral for cellular regeneration and rejuvenation. Only when our skin cells are regenerated, our skin looks fresh and clear.
Zinc is important in many such processes like cell division, cell growth, immunity, fertility, hormone health, blood clotting, thyroid function, eye and hair health and skin healing. When the mineral is rightfully absorbed from our meals, the body clarifies the skin and gives you a glowing look.
But since our meals aren’t well balanced, our body fails to absorb zinc. Hence, zinc supplements are recommended to many people these days.
What are the benefits of Zinc Supplements for our skin?
It seriously is important and plays a vital role in skin rejuvenation. And if you have a zinc deficiency, chances are you have a poor skin full of acne, blackheads, whiteheads, scars, slow healing, no shine or glow, blemishes, pigmentation, fine lines or wrinkles.
Zinc can get into the root of all these problems and make your skin baby soft, glowy and shiny. Let us understand how.
- Boosts Protein Synthesis: Since protein is important for a softer looking clear skin, zinc is a must. Zinc helps detoxify the body and flush out the dead cells from your skin.
- Optimizes Metabolism: If you have poor metabolism, chances are your body will never have good skin. What you eat defines you, in that case, poor metabolism can never absorb nutrients from your meals. Zinc heals your metabolism and optimizes it.
- Supplies Collagen: Our bodies stop producing or slow down the production of collagen as we age. Zinc is said to produce the type 1 and type 3 collagen that is very important for our skin’s glow and clarity.
- Fights Acne: Since zinc fights inflammation of the muscles, skin and wounds, it can heal acne quite easily. Most dermatologists recommend zinc supplements for people who have chronic acne problems.
- Clears Infections: Many bacterial skin infections can create ugly rashes and wounds on the skin. These can be cleared up by applying zinc topical creams and zinc supplements. It speeds up cell regeneration and healing process of the skin inside out.
There are many more benefits too. These are some of the most common skin benefits from zinc supplements.
What are the best Zinc Supplements available on the market today?
Some of the best-handpicked Zinc Supplements are as follows.
- Garden of Life- Vitamin Code: By taking just 2 capsules a day, you can witness a healthy immune system, cell regeneration and great skin and hair health too. It is taken by many men and women on a daily basis. It is completely safe for consumption too.
- Solgar- Zinc Citrate 30 mg: This supplement is said to be a great collagen booster and hence, it is taken by many men and women daily. It has no artificial flavour and is made of pure zinc and other raw ingredients without adding any fillers or toxins. No wonder it has such great results.
- Solgar- Zinc 50mg: This high dosage supplement is a premium dose of zinc with other nutrients and minerals for extremely healthy skin, hair and nails. It is said to support your immune system and digestive functions very well so your body can absorb all the nutrients it consumes.
- New Chapter- Fermented Zinc Complex: This supplement is so safe, you can even take it on an empty stomach. The capsules are easily digestible and can be taken by anyone. It also has many other vitamins, minerals and nutrients that are specifically vital for maintaining good hair and skin health.
- SmartyPants- Teen Guy Formula: This supplement is made for teens as well as adults. It supports energy levels, immune system, digestive system and skin and hair health. It is an all-in-one supplement that is said to heal your cells naturally.
There are many more supplements available on the market today, but we think these are truly the best as they don’t require doctor’s recommendation.
Can you take Zinc Supplements without consulting a doctor?
Many forms of zinc are available on the market today. You should, of course, be very careful about these forms. Some forms can only be consumed by adults, while some formulas are safe for kids as well.
Supplements may have several vitamins and minerals that may not be well-suited for you. At times, you may not know you’re allergic to a specific mineral too.
It is always advised that you read the description and the ingredient list before buying any supplement. In case, you don’t understand if it is safe for you, you may consult a doctor.
Also, if you’re pregnant, lactating mother, diabetic, a heart patient or have any other chronic illness, you must ask your doctor before consumption of Zinc Supplements.
Though they’re extremely healthy and beneficial to everyone, the combination of zinc with other ingredients should be checked before consumption.
When is the best time to consume Zinc Supplements for better Skin health?
You may check with your doctor if the time of consumption doesn’t suit you.
Whatever your skin condition may be, Zinc Supplements can definitely give you clearer, healthier and younger-looking skin.
Aesthetic Medicine: https://aestheticmed.co.uk/site/featuresdetails/the-effect-of-zinc-on-skin
Everyday Health: https://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-nutrition/zinc/
Live Naturally: https://livenaturallymagazine.com/timing-is-everything/